For example, this will be my second year to participate in the “A to Z” challenge: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/2012-to-z-challenge-sign-up-list.html This is the third annual “A to Z” challenge. In 2010, there were 100 participants, last year there were approximately 1,000 bloggers and this year, approximately 800 people have already signed up with more than a month left until the event begins.
The “A to Z” challenge is held in April. Each day a post is inspired by a letter of the alphabet. Ex The April 1st post will be inspired by the letter A, April 2nd by the letter B and so on. There are 26 letters and 30 days in April, so you will have Sundays off after the first week.
What did I get out of the challenge last year? I connected with some creative and talented individuals, developed a new system for my blogging, refined my communication skills, and initiated what turned into an amazing relationship with some of my readers!
What are some benefits of a blogging challenge?
- Establish accountability partners.
- Develop your writing skills.
- Cultivate a habit of writing.
- Create, authenticate and advertise your personal brand.
- Build relationships with fellow challenge participants.
- Increase your confidence and motivation in writing.
- Educate yourself through reading blogs in different niches.
- Build back links through comments on participant’s blogs.
- Grow your social network through the syndicating of posts through social media sites.
- Increase blog traffic.
- Develop new marketing ideas from other challenge participants.
- Receive constructive feedback on ways to make your blog/platform even more effective.
Have you participated in a blog challenge before? What was your experience?