"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Thank you, Mask. The Blogger Formerly Known as The Enigmatic, Masked Blogger recently honored me with a Stylish Blogger Award. For those of you who don’t know the rules of accepting this award:


1.)    Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2.)    State seven things about yourself.
3.)    Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.



So, again, thank you Mask. Hmm, seven things you might find interesting about me…

1.      I was born in California.

2.      I have also lived in Texas and Louisiana, but only visited 18 other states in the USA - so far.
3.      The only other country I have visited is Mexico. (Unless you count EPCOT’s World Tour ;-) I hope to visit others in the future.
4.      I could live on M&M’s and Diet Root Beer.
5.      Gary Oldman and Johnny Depp are two of my favorite actors.
6.      I’m attracted to strong arms.
7.      The Bible is my favorite book.
Instead of passing this award to 15 specific bloggers (who may or may not have received it before), I invite any of my new blogging friends to accept it by leaving a comment below. They can leave a link back to their own blog, webpage, twitter or facebook accounts.
Happy Writing!

11 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hello Sylvia. Congrats on receiving and passing on the Stylish blogger award and passing it onto your new followers. I enjoyed reading your 7 things. I also enjoyed reading your past posts I'd missed in my busyness.

Hmm, M&Ms and Johnny Depp eh? Delicious.

Denise:)

Georgia said...

Thank you Sylvia :)
Seven things:
1. I was born in New Jersey
2. Like cats more than dogs, but like dogs too.
3. Love horses
4. Think grits & eggs are the perfect meal.
5. Like writing in the early morning
6. Go NAVY!
7. Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
from GeorgiaD

Jenni Merritt said...

Very awesome! I was always wondering how these awards go around!

M&Ms.... mmmm those sound good right now :)

Melody Jackson said...

Dear, Ms. Ney,
Thank you so much for this chance and for being such a loyal follwer for my blog. :)

Melody Jackson said...

Also, congrates on your award. ;)

Brigitte said...

sweet mercy, peanut m&ms. *drool* I could use one of those. or twenty.

brimagination.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Congrats Sylvia, so deserving! I liked hearing about you since I don't know you very well. I too could live on M & M's but it would have to be Diet Dr. Pepper :)

Laurie Kolp said...

Congratulations! What an interesting and thoughtful way to share your award, Sylvia. Hmmm... let me think.

1. I was born in Texas City
2. I lived in New Orleans for six years
3. I'm a blonde Aggie {ahem}
4. I used to run like Forrest Gump until I had to have foot surgery
5. I've been through many trials in life which now spark my muse

~laurie

Poetry:
www.lkharris-kolp.blogspot.com

Misc:
www.conversationswithacardinal.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Sylvia,
Thanks for the comments on my blog...I think you are right, it's important to look past the initial and look at the road someone has traveled. I like that!
Take good care and have a great day!

Kari Marie said...

Sylvia, you are such a kind person. Thank you. I enjoyed reading your seven things and share your affection for Johnny Depp. I get so mad when he never wins the Oscar. He's brilliant!

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Congrats on the award and for passing it on!

To be honest, beyond the obligatory 7 pointers for this particular award, I find all writer blogs interesting and love the way our community has expanded so fast. ;)

BTW: Ooooh, Johnny Depp ((((hot flush)))

best
F