"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Monday, November 1, 2010

Ready, Set, Write...


November is National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to begin with an idea on November 1 and finish a 50,000 word novel by midnight November 30. I know several of you have accepted this challenge as well and I look forward to reading your work.
This will be my first year to participate. I have my idea ready. You will be my accountability partners in seeing where it leads. Hopefully, this won't land in the dust pile with all of my other unfinished or unsubmitted works. I'm simultaneously trying to meet a few other deadlines.
Reading: A friend gave me The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey. So far, it's not too bad; a sort of Victorian Age Taming of the Shrew. This is a welcome respite to all of the horror and murder mysteries I've been reading lately.

No comments: