It's finally Fall! I'm looking forward to the changing season. I'm also hoping to increase my writing output as I've been too distracted to write as much as I would like lately. In that vein, I thought I would share some writing prompts - not all of them are season related, but you can make them such if you wish. I hope they inspire some wickedly wonderful Autumn tales!
1) Write a Fall or Halloween special for your favorite television show.
2) Design your own school of magic: what does it look like? what subjects are taught? Who are the teachers? What are the back to school traditions?
3) Create a legend about your city.
4) Write an acrostic poem.
5) Write about a Thanksgiving dinner attended by your favorite fictional character.
6) Write a scene from the POV of Alexa or Siri.
7) Create a fake news report.
8) Write a retelling of your favorite Shakespeare play.
9) Write a scene that takes place in your favorite bookstore or coffee shop.
10) Write about a character who has terrible luck.
11) Write a Fall scene without using the word pumpkin.
12) Write about the worst possible break up you could imagine.
13) Make up your own conspiracy theory.
14) Write a story that takes place in a corn maze.
15) Write a ghost story.
What are you writing? Are you trying any of these? Any other prompts you want to share?