"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Joint Book Signing

I've let blogging and other social networks take a back seat this past week while I catch up on some deadlines. Yesterday I enjoyed some time with a friend, Laurie Kolp, at our joint Book signing. Both Chicken Soup for the Soul® books came out earlier this year.



Laurie Kolp wrote "Signs of David" in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Tough Times. This story was inspired by a spiritual experience she had when dealing with a good friend's suicide. This book meant to inspire and support readers in times of need - from illness, addictions, job loss, grief, and much more. Hopefully, readers will find encouragement, solace, and hope in these personal stories and prayers.

I wrote “Feeding the Soul” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Just for Preteens. This is the story of my personal experiences feeding the homeless in Beaumont, Texas while attending Junior High. Being a preteen can be difficult for the child, parent and anyone else living with them. School is more challenging, bodies are changing, relationships with parents are different, and new issues arise with friends. This book is meant to help readers as they navigate those tough preteen years from ages 9 to 12. It's a support group they can carry in their backpack.
Laurie and I enjoyed our time visiting together, meeting readers and other writers and signing our books.
Have you ever been part of a book signing? What was your experience like?

6 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I have been part of a book signing but not in a team, and i believe that experience would be preferable. You have someone to talk to when no one comes by at least :)

Laurie Kolp said...

Sylvia~ I really enjoyed our time together and like Karen said, I'm so glad we partnered up!

Collette said...

Looks like such fun! I have done several signings and loved every one of them. It's always nice to meet your readers, and I can imagine how fun and relaxing it would be to have someone sitting with you.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Sweet. Congratulations!

Southpaw said...

Congrats. Having someone there with you would make the event less stressful.

Quilters' Quarters said...

I had one signing, advertised on Facebook, sent FB invites, had cookies and tea ready ... only my sister came.

I'll try again this weekend - open house at our Wooden Toys and Gifts shop, with my new book, Multiple Sclerosis, an Enigma. (at Amazon)

Wish me luck ... didn't send invites this time.