"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Celebrating Christmas


The presents have been opened, leftovers stored in the icebox, family and friends are heading home, and my kids are snuggled in bed. It’s Christmas, a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and the greatest gift ever given. This has always been my favorite time of year. The nostalgia of family traditions and joy of beginning new ones made this year truly special.
My twenty-month-old is starting to get it. She loves the lights and ornaments (mostly because her big sister loves them) and she had no trouble figuring out how to open her gifts. She loves to see Santa, or Cause as she calls him since she doesn’t say the “L” sound, but she has no interest in sitting in his lap. She loves the baby dolls, stuffed animals and books she received.
 My three-year-old is a girly girl. She painted her own nails with the new polish her aunt gave her (she actually did a very good job) and then she took turns wearing her new jewelry, clothes and shoes – many wardrobe changes take place in this house.  The new kitchenette from her Grandmother was a huge favorite.
The girls took turns on the new slide we bought them. They must have spent several hours on that one present alone. Celebrating Christmas through the eyes of small children is such a wonder. I feel so very blessed to have my husband and daughters. I can’t imagine life without them. The gift of many special moments warmed my heart this weekend.
I hope you enjoyed a wonderful day filled with love, family and friendship. Merry Christmas!

No comments: