"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

IWSG: 2023 Words and Visions

It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh. Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs. You can also join us on twitter using the hashtag #IWSG, or on the Facebook page.

Now, IWSG hosts have changed up the format in an effort to make it more fun and interactive. Every month, they will announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG Day post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. 

Don’t forget to visit others that day to see their answers. Want to join, or learn more? Visit our - Sign-up List.


JANUARY QUESTION - 
Do you have a word of the year? Is there one word that sums up what you need to work on or change in the coming year? 

MY ANSWER - I have three. My words for the year are JOY, PEACE, and ACCOMPLISHMENT. 2022 was full of many major life changes for me - multiple family deaths, estranged and/or difficult friend and work relationships, and a lasting sense of being overwhelmed in work, relationships, and creativity. My goals for this year are to focus more on the positives, accept what I cannot control, and to be content with what I am able to accomplish.

How about you? Do you have one or more words for the year? How about a Vision Board? If you've never made one check out this link: Vision Board

5 comments:

Karen Baldwin said...

Your outlook for '23 is inspiring after all you've been through. I've not yet done a Vision Board...but I'm curious...and may just make one. Happy New Year.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I had a lot of hard life changes in 2022. I love the three words you picked to have a better 2023. And focusing on the positives can really help even in tough years.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Focus on the positives. Your outlook is the only thing you can control.

Chrys Fey said...

I like the three words you've chosen for this year. I haven't chosen mine, yet, but those three resonate with me, too.

Diane Burton said...

Acceptance (of what I can't control) is my word. Brilliant minds... Right? Wishing you the best in 2023.