"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Monday, March 26, 2018

A to Z Blog Challenge 2018

Every April, a massive blog fest occurs. In this challenge you pick your own theme and each day of that month, except Sundays, your post revolves around consecutive letters of the alphabet.

I first joined this movement of support and fellowship in 2011, and have since completed the challenge seven years in a row. Some years I have visited nearly 2000 blogs in the month of April. I've enjoyed making new friends, trying new things, and stretching my limits.

However, I'm vacillating over whether to commit to it again this year, and if so, what theme should I choose (you don't need one, but I think it helps).

If you've participated in the past, you know the format is changing again this year. As of the time I began this post, more than 500 bloggers are signed up to participate this year.

If you'd like to learn more: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

Have you participated before? Will you be participating this year?

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I participated in the first seven but it got to be just too much for me. Too many comments to keep up with. So I will be taking a break during part of April this year.
Hope you come up with a theme soon!

Susan Kane said...

LIke Alex, I have backed off. Loved writing, loved reading, lots of great and not-so-great writer...Was overwhelmed. I will check in and head to a few sites.

Lisa Southard said...

I haven't done the A-Z in a while - but I recommend bloggers to try it at least once! I met many marvellous people through it, wish I'd managed to keep up with more of them.