"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Vestiges of Summer

As I mentioned previously, we returned from our summer travels two weeks ago - just in time for me to teach a week of writing workshops for our local Girl Scout troop.

Since I don't believe in giving assignments that I myself am not willing to do... I began writing poetry again.

We tried a few timed writing exercises. It's been a while since I've written any poetry, so I thought I would share one with you. If you'd like to check out a first draft, and wouldn't mind offering some feedback, PM me and I'll trade critiques with you.

I produced each one in a 10 minute activity period. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Pictures here are of a few stops along this years travels from southeast Texas to southwest California and back again. You can see more photos on my facebook and instagram pages.


I'd love to read your thoughts on my poems. I'd also like to see some of yours. Do you enjoy reading and writing poetry?

Who are some of your favorite poets?

5 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I'm impressed and really enjoyed the poem! It creates a feeling and has a message, though one is not smacked over the head with it. I, however, have never enjoyed trying to write poetry and have no knack for it.
Visit me at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!w

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The walked the walk.
I'm a lousy poet. We'll just leave it at that.
Years from now, you're going to really treasure that poem as you've captured a slice of your life forever.

lostinimaginaryworlds.blogspot.com said...

I agree with Alex. Lovely memories to be visited, and yes I love poetry and do write it. I am along a course in fiction and poetry as a subsid. subject and loving this.

lostinimaginaryworlds.blogspot.com said...

Oops.. automatic spell checker made nonsense of a word and I never noticed, Sylvia.

Unknown said...

have never enjoyed trying to write poetry and have no knack for it.


หนังออนไลน์