"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Unexpected

Dr. Seuss often encouraged us to expect the unexpected. His books by definition could be a lesson in the unexpected - with his own vocabulary and fun catchy phrases, he has unexpectedly delighted children around the world. Todays Seuss-ism comes from Marco Comes Late:

I heard a strange 'peep' and I took a quick look
And you know what I saw with the look that I took?
A bird laid an egg on my 'rithmetic book!

Embrace the unexpected!

10 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Love this. Awesome.

Helen V. said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, Sylvia. I have to agree with you about the unexpected in story telling. I write speculative fiction - not a great deal published yet - and the unexpected is a staple of the genre.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Ha ha ha - love this, Sylvia!!
Dr. Seuss was something unexpected, in a world of children's stories!

i b arora said...

what would be life without the unexpected?

Satyavathi V said...

Am kind of loving this wordplay a lot :)
https://uniqusatya.wordpress.com

nashvillecats2 said...

I have really enjoyed this month coming to your blog,Another good one for "U"

Yvonne.

Kate said...

Cute :-) I don't know this one, but I always have loved that aspect of Seuss. You never know what to expect on the next page.

Jeremy Hawkins said...

expected the unexpected!

Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

Terri Tiffany said...

That theory can be applied to all of our writing! :) I strive to do that in my fiction to keep it moving.

Ranveer vishal said...

Love the end. That's power:)