I had no idea what to charge. I had never charged someone for social media aid. So, I began researching, and I found out that many companies as well as individuals are hiring "Social Media Experts". I also noticed fees varied based on the amount of detail the company or individual wanted. (Number of times a day you posted, length of post, graphics provided, design or research involved, etc.)
I did not take the job, but I thought you might be interested in what others were charging. If you have ever thought about hiring someone else to manage your social media or if you think you might want to provide those services for others, I have provided a list of estimates below.
I would strongly recommend clients sign a three month contract if they are new to social media. It usually takes this long to notice if the social advertising is making an impact.
Blog - Custom design and template creation. $1,000 - to match web and other media accounts including graphics, photos, etc.
- Writing/Editing content for the blog, managing comments and posting 1-2 articles a week written by client, plus ongoing help. $1,000 a month
- Ghostwriting blog posts .25 cents a word
Twitter – Account Setup $500 - designed to match other accounts
- Ongoing account management + 30 Tweets a month $250 (add $250 for every 30 tweets added)
Facebook – Initial Page Setup $500 - designed to match other accounts
- Monthly content management + 30 posts $250 (add $250 for every 30 posts added)
Pinterest – Account Setup $500
- Monthly management +30 pins $250 (add $250 for every 30 pins added)
- The design and setup would include the company logos, colors etc. and match the overall feel of the web page you design for them.
- Account/content management includes the time it takes to add/delete followers, reply to comments/photos posted to the account etc.
- If a client wants to buy a bundle plan, offer a discount.
Account setup of 3 social media (like twitter, facebook) $1,250
90 posts, tweets, pins to be divided between the three accounts per month. $600
Account setup of 5 social media (adding LinkedIn and Google+) $2,200
180 posts, tweets, pins to be divided between the five accounts per month. $1,200
Social Media Training/Consulting – This is for clients who want to take over the responsibility of their own social media or who already have the media in place and want help to overhaul/revamp their approach. $100 (an hour and excludes travel costs).
Social Media Workshop – Strictly teaching them how to do EVERY step of setup, maintenance etc. This would be an on-site workshop and fee excludes travel costs.
HALF-DAY (Up to 4 Hours) $2,000
FULL-DAY (6 to 8 Hours) $4,000
NOTE: These rates include the time the teacher takes to prepare/tailor the workshop for the client’s individual needs as well as materials needed to provide them (which may be 20 to 30 hours of work leading up to the workshop day). This is why the cost is higher than the hourly rate listed in SOCIAL MEDIA TRAINING/CONSULTING.
What are your thoughts about these charges and "Social Media Experts"?