"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blog on Fire

A special thank you to Margo for giving me the “Blog on Fire” Award along with some funny questions.

1. Are you a rutabaga? Hmm… while I have been known to enter into a vegetative state from time to time, I don’t believe it has become a permanent case – YET!

2. Who is your current crush? No words are necessary! ;-)



3. Upload a heartwarming picture that makes you smile. I've shared this one before, but I still love it!



4. When was the last time you ate a vine-ripened tomato? About a month ago. My mom grows them like any good southern lady!
5. Name one habit that causes other people to plot your demise. I’m a bit of a control freak (OCD) and I can drive people crazy “fixing” things and situations. Sorry friends and family!
6. What’s the weirdest, most disgusting job you’ve ever had to do? It’s a three way tie. Being a teacher, stay-at-home mom and volunteer with the elderly has immersed me in all kinds of bodily fluids and clean-up projects. It’s just part of life and I’ll spare you the details.
7. Where da muffin top at? If it’s a blueberry muffin, in mah tummeh!

8. What author introduced you to your genre? I write in multiple genres. Some of my favorites growing up were Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare and Tennyson. One of my favorite modern day authors is Nora Roberts. She’s always classified as romance, but she writes just about every genre.
9. Describe yourself using obscure Latin words. Don’t know about obscure, but… aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
10. Now who else deserves this award? Well, lots of the bloggers I know, and if you would like to accept it or have me add you to the list, just shoot me a message. For now, I’ll just pick three:

Best of luck to everyone on their WIP's - Happy Writing!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the award!

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations! And, mmm, Johnny Depp.

Paula Martin said...

Many thanks for the award, Sylvia. Am now working out my answer to the questions!
Love your picture of the cat and lion - wonderful!

Laurie Kolp said...

Thank you, Sylvia!

Bethe77 said...

Congrats on the award and to those who hav been honored by you with it. That is awesome congrates to all.
I love #3 that is my favorite I think! Because isnt it wonderful to see ourselves this way.
Blessigs

KM Nalle said...

congratulations! Well deserved. I'm in love with Johnny Depp. He makes my heart go pitter patter.