"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Introducing...

My name is Sylvia Ney. I fell in love with reading and writing as a small child. I wrote for my high school newspaper for three years, becoming editor my senior year. I also wrote and edited the community newsletter my senior year. I had a poem published in a national anthology before I graduated in 1996.


I wrote for my college newspaper for four years becoming Editor my senior year.


When I graduated in 2000, I became a fifth grade teacher for two years and then taught high school English and journalism classes for five years. Most of my writing during this time consisted of curriculum, lesson plans, grant and scholarship programs.


In the last few years I realized I was spending all my time teaching and helping others to follow their dream of being published. I was no longer following my own wish to do so. With the encouragement of friends and family, I started writing again.


I love to read and write in a variety of genres. This blog will be a reflection of my dedication to those endeavors.


I recently submitted a nonfiction piece to a religious anthology. I am now working on a submission for a Chicken Soup for the Soul book.

3 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Sylvia~ Welcome to the blogosphere! I love your blog title and background. Have you ever visited mine? I have two- one regular and one poetry:

www.conversationswithacardinal.blogspot.com
lkharris-kolp.blogspot.com

clement_peggy said...

Sylvia, so glad you have created a blog. It gives insight in getting to know our writing friends more. Your site looks great! Best of luck with it.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Looks great, Sylvia. Sorry I didn't visit last night. I love your title too. Now, let the blogging begin! And remember, the main way to get people to follow your blog is to go to theirs and follow. You find them by clicking on blog roll of all your friends. :) Now, I'm off to email you.