"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Because I Was Playing

My friends and family, reading, writing, editing, photography and teaching all claim a piece of my day. Sometimes at night, after the kids are sleeping I find myself wondering where the time went and ask "Why didn't I get more done today?" The answer is almost always "Because I was playing."

The Lord has blessed me with two beautiful daughters and a loving husband that works while I get to stay home with them. My children have retaught me how to be a kid. My days are filled with play-doh, painting, reading and imagining. They inspire me to write - something I loved as a child.

This morning I was lucky enough to chat with a couple of old friends. Later, I was able to read a little. It's difficult to get much writing done during the day with two toddlers running around (I usually do this at night), but they love to read. Sometimes we read together and sometimes they each want their own book. Is there anything cuter than two girls curled up next to you on the couch, each studying their own books as if they could understand every word?

I was able to finish editing some work for a friend today and even started another book before my youngest woke up from her nap.
This is my first Ann Lawrence book; given to me by a friend with rave reviews. She felt it was the perfect time of year to read this one. I'm sure she'll call later wanting to know what I thought of it and why I'm not finished. Of course it's "because I was playing!"

1 comment:

clement_peggy said...

It's alright to play. Those are days you can never get back. We should all take time to play more.