2) GREAT LAKES COLLEGES ASSOCIATION NEW WRITERS AWARDS http://glca.org/programs/new-writers-award --- NO ENTRY FEE. Poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction. In each category, the submitted work must be an author’s first published volume. For this year’s competition GLCA will accept entries published from the spring of 2013 through the spring of 2014. GLCA will also accept galley proofs for works to be published in late spring or early summer of 2014. Publishers submit works on behalf of their authors; the key criterion for this award is that any work submitted must be an author’s first published volume in the genre. The winning authors tour several of GLCA’s member colleges from which they receive invitations, giving readings, lecturing, visiting classes, conducting workshops, and publicizing their books. Each writer receives an honorarium of at least $500 from each college visited, as well as travel expenses, hotel accommodations, and hospitality. Deadline July 25, 2014.
3) Ghost Proposal / Deadline: 7/30/14 / Poetry, essays, hybrid, images
4) FreeFall Literary Journal Open for prose and poetry submissions - Canadian literary journal FreeFall is accepting submissions for the Winter 2014 issue (published in January 2015) as well as submissions for a special 25th Anniversary issue. Deadline: 07/31/2014 Pay: $100/story Genre(s): Poetry - See more at: http://writingcareer.com/call-for-poetry-submissions#sthash.4nVpFFS9.dpuf
5) The Misfit Journal seeks prose and poetry inspired by Shakespeare - The Journal wants literary works that resonate with the Misfit culture, featuring the works of emerging, unappreciated writers whose talents deserve recognition. Deadline: 07/31/2014 Pay: $100/prose or poetry Genre(s): Fiction, Poetry, Nonfiction - See more at: http://writingcareer.com/call-for-poetry-submissions#sthash.GSyAm1dW.dpuf
6) DREAM QUEST POETRY AND WRITING CONTEST http://www.dreamquestone.com/ Deadline July 31, 2014. Writing Contest entries may be written on a maximum of five pages, either neatly handwritten or typed, single or double line spacing, on any subject or theme. Poetry Contest entries may be written on any subject or theme. All poems must be 30 lines or fewer and either neatly handwritten or typed, single or double line spacing. Poetry: first place $250, second place $125, third place $50. Fiction: first place $500, second place $250, third place $100.
What are you working to complete?