"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Friday, January 10, 2014

Taking Back ebook Rights

I'm hearing a lot of authors complaining about getting back their ebook rights.


Is this just for writers previously published in print only so the contract does not specify electronic rights? Is this a new issue with traditional publishers?


What have you heard or experienced with ebook rights?


A little help from Agent Rachelle Gardner: http://www.rachellegardner.com/2010/11/reversion-of-rights/

4 comments:

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I have not heard anything so far, but if writers are upset it is fairly understandable. I wrote a book through Lulu Publishers and I am not even able to get through my account with that company to get an ISBN number. I did not write for money so I am not hurting, but those writers who depend on their writing for money definitely deserve more than a fraction of cost of the hard copy.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

You have to be super careful about what you sign or agree to.

Unknown said...

Ugh-- what a dilemma. I'll check back to see how others respond.

Sylvia Ney said...

A little help from Agent Rachelle Gardner: http://www.rachellegardner.com/2010/11/reversion-of-rights/