The Bayou Writers Group ninth annual conference, A Bridge to Publication, is set for Saturday, November 10, 2012.
REGISTER NOW FOR ONLY $30 - Good Until Oct. 12
The following Authors, Agent and Editor are currently scheduled:
1) D.B. Grady - Master of Ceremonies - http://dbgrady.com/
2) Hope Clark - Funds for Writer and author of Lowcountry Bribe will be speaking on how to make money as a writer. http://chopeclark.com/ and http://hopeclark.blogspot.com/
3) Deborah LeBlanc – Fiction writing. For more information: http://freshfiction.com/author.php?id=15743
4) Dr. Stella Nesanovich – “Using the Local and Personal in Poetry.” Her website: http://www.nesanovich.com/
5) Linda Yezak – Writer and Editor will speak on “The Importance of the Editing Process.” Her webpage: http://lindayezak.com/ She will also be taking pitches at the conference: http://www.bayouwritersgroup.blogspot.com/2012/06/editor-pitch-with-linda-yezak.html
6) Dr. Mona Lisa Saloy – Will be speaking on Folktelling and poetry. She will also be giving a reading. Her website: http://www.monalisasaloy.com/Welcome.html
7) Brooks Sherman – Literary agent will take pitches - sign up at the door. He will lead an interactive session on how to land/keep/work with an agent.
If you are interested in attending the BWG conference, please send $30 (check made out to "Bayou Writers Group") with a note showing the name of the individual attending the conference, their address, phone number, and email. The cost is $30 if you register by Oct. 12, then it becomes $40. If you pay at the door, it will cost $50. You can mail payment and information to:
PO Box 1402
Lake Charles, LA 70602
*Students - high school, home school, or college - can pay $25 with a valid ID
For more information: http://www.bayouwritersgroup.blogspot.com/p/2012-bridge-to-publication.html