"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Obedience: Blessings are the Reward

I want to teach my children to have a close relationship with our Lord and Savior. Prayer habits that last a lifetime are most often formed in childhood. As adults model meaningful prayer lives, kids will learn how they, too, can talk to their Creator. That’s why each day this month I will be writing a prayer inspired by a different letter of the alphabet and sharing an accompanying verse from the Bible.

If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God; You will be blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock – the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
Deuteronomy 28:1-6


Father, I humbly bow before You and thank You for the ability to obey and follow Your ways. Your word tells us that obedience leads to blessings. I don’t want to miss my blessings. I don’t want my family or friends – or anyone else – to miss the best in their lives either. So I ask for forgiveness when I have done wrong and strength to make better choices. Help all of us to walk in faithfulness, empowered by Your Holy Spirit. Amen.

10 comments:

Libby said...

Hey Sylvia! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I wish you luck on the A-Z!

Anonymous said...

Amen. :)

EvalinaMaria said...

I love God with all my heart but I'm not so sure I can be blindly obedient...

Nicole said...

Just wanted to say again how much I'm enjoying these little daily prayers!

Unknown said...

One of my favorite old hymns is "Trust and Obey" because as the song goes on to say, "for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." Great goal, to teach your children to pray.

Livin' Out Loud 4 Jesus at
www.merriehansen.com

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

I love the Old Testament - it's full of great and inspiring scriptures!

This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

Duncan In Kuantan

Archna Sharma said...

It's always necessary to align ourselves with roots and personal faith. And to share with the fruit of our womb.

Thanks so much for stopping in my way.

Many blessings.

Francene Stanley said...

I like to obey the greatest commandment: Love thy neighbor. Lovely prayer.

http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

What a great theme. Thank you so much for sharing your prayers with us.

Sylvia Ney said...

Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your own faith with me!